Friday, February 1, 2013

WeirdLOVE

WEIRD:
Suggesting something supernatural; uncanny: "the weird crying of a seal".
_________________________________________________________________
It's weird... Everyone in my house has a LAPTOP.
Grandpa and Grandma.... CHECK
My Two Brothers... CHECK
geeeeeeze, even I have TWO!

...but maybe that is not the WEIRD thing....
the real weird thing is when we all sit at the kitchen table with our laptops....

Can you imagine five people sitting at one table starring at five different screens not saying a single word to each other? Seriously, five people all so engrossed in their own projects in their own world that they forget others are around them. I think it's freakin weird. To me a kitchen table is for eating and conversation with loved ones. When did this change for us? When did our lives become so involved around technology? When did our focus shift?

You want to know something else that is weird for me?
FACEBOOK.
Every morning, I wake up, pop open my eyes, roll over, grab my laptop, turn on that laptop, and then instantly OPEN FACEBOOK.... hello world, I'm happy and social.

NO, what the heck, I have a bible to read, a GOD to praise and life to live... WHY is the first thing I do when I wake up is check my Facebook?

---------- The thing is I had a craving for social attention and felt like what others posted was important to my life. I gave into this craving and created a habit. A BAD HABIT.
A HABIT I have every intention of CHANGING.

What others think of me, post of themselves, or rant about is none of my concern.
I have one focus in life, and that focus is GOD and his love for me.
_____________________________________________________________ SO:
I have put myself on a FACEBOOK TIMEOUT.

I realize not all of Facebook is bad... I mean come on, I can chat with friends or use it to keep up in my ENGLISH class... but personally, I am putting too much effort into something so meaningless to my overall way of living... and this is NOT GOOD.

I am challenging myself to a three month break. In this break whenever I feel the need to go onto Facebook I will read a chapter in my BIBLE instead.

When I have a craving for something of this world, I will do my best to redirect this CRAVING for one of FAITH.
 
____________________________________________________________________________
Think of the person you want to be... What are you doing to be that person? What goals or actions are you taking to be that person?

 "Stop loving the world and the things that are in the world. If anyone persists in loving the world, the Father's love is not in him." -1 John 2:15-


 I have been so blessed in LOVE. My LIFE GOAL: to bless others with the love I have been blessed with. PURE, genuine, all in, sincerely all for you love...
And the only way I will be able to achieve this
love for others.... Is to be filled with PERFECT LOVE from the ALL POWERFUL, ALPHA and OMEGA, LORD of ALL CREATION...
and the only way I can stay filled with my FATHER'S LOVE  is to
quit giving love to things of this world like Facebook.
BABY STEPS.
 
_______________________________________________________________________________


2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I can honestly relate! I seriously HID my husband's laptop tonight and made him play cards with me. LOL.
    Good for you chika! It's one thing to stay away from FB, but it's another to read your BIBLE when you have a craving. I love that idea - it takes it a step further. Keep it up =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you would not believe the amount of homework and exercise i ACTUALLY get done now! SERIOUSLY the first three days were so hard! I really wanted to log in ... but noww...... its getting way easier.. :) reading the BIBLE has really improved my overall mood and how i interact with others too :) its alll really awesome!

    I'm glad you and your hubby got to spend some good quality time together :) how is little A doing ?? :)

    ReplyDelete